- ManageMANAGE an evaluation or evaluation system
- DefineDEFINE what is to be evaluated
- FrameFRAME the boundaries for an evaluation
- DescribeDESCRIBE activities, outcomes, impacts and context
- Understand causesUNDERSTAND CAUSES of outcomes and impacts
- SynthesiseSYNTHESISE data from one or more evaluations
- Report & support useREPORT & SUPPORT USE of findings
MANAGE an evaluation or evaluation system
Manage an evaluation (or a series of evaluations), including deciding who will conduct the evaluation and who will make decisions about it. Read more.
DEFINE what is to be evaluated
Develop a description (or access an existing version) of what is to be evaluated and how it understood to work. Read more.
FRAME the boundaries for an evaluation
Set the parameters of the evaluation – its purposes, key evaluation questions and the criteria and standards to be used. Read more.
DESCRIBE activities, outcomes, impacts and context
Collect and retrieve data to answer descriptive questions about the activities of the project/program/ policy, the various results it has had, and the context in which it has been implemented. Read more.
UNDERSTAND CAUSES of outcomes and impacts
Collect and analyze data to answer causal questions about what has produced outcomes and impacts that have been observed. Read more.
SYNTHESISE data from one or more evaluations
Combine data to form an overall assessment of the merit or worth of the intervention, or to summarize evidence across several evaluations. Read more.
REPORT & SUPPORT USE of findings
Develop and present findings in ways that are useful for the intended users of the evaluation, and support them to make use of them. Read more.