The Global Evidence and Implementation Summit 2018 (GEIS) will bring together experts from across the world to talk about their experiences in generating and implementing evidence for better policy and practice. The summit will explore the evidence for designing, implementing and reviewing effective programs and policies. Expected to reach 700 delegates from 30 countries, GEIS 2018 will share the latest evidence synthesis and implementation science research and practice strategies for improving the lives of individuals, families and communities worldwide .
The Global Evidence and Implementation Summit's overarching theme is evidence, synthesis and implementation: creating impact for stronger communities around the world.
Under this central topic are five core sub-themes:
1. Understanding what works
2. Achieving scale and sustainability
3. Methods for impact and implementation evaluation and synthesis
4. Using evidence for better policy, programs and practice
5. National and global cooperation and partnerships
- 29th - Abstracts close
- 15th - Author notifications
- 29th - Speaker acceptance due
- 26th - Early bird and speaker registrations close
- 18th - Accommodation bookings close
Who should attend?
GEIS 2018 is for funding agencies, policy makers, practitioners, knowledge brokers, implementation scientists and researchers committed to the generation and implementation of evidence for better policy and practice. The summit will be attended by a broad range of sectors:
Child and social welfare
Crime and justice
Environment and climate change
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
Health and human services
Mental health services