This is a comprehensive 10 days M&E course that covers the principles and practices for results based monitoring and evaluation for the entire project life cycle. This course equips participants with skills in setting up and implementing results based monitoring and evaluation systems including M&E data management, analysis and reporting. The participants will benefit from the latest M&E thinking and practices including the results and participatory approaches.
About the course
This course is designed to enable the participants become experts in monitoring and evaluating their development projects. The course covers all the key elements of a robust M&E system coupled with a practical project to illustrate the M&E concepts.
This course is designed for researchers, project staff, development practitioners, managers and decision makers who are responsible for project, program or organization-level M&E. The course aims to enhance the skills of professionals who need to research, supervise, manage, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate development projects.
What you will learn
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Develop project results levels
- Design a project using logical framework
- Develop indicators and targets for each result level
- Track performance indicators over the life of the project
- Evaluation a project against the set results
- Develop and implement M&E systems
- Develop a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan
- Use data analysis software (Stata/SPSS/R)
- Collect data using mobile data collection tools
- Carryout impact evaluation
- Use GIS to analyze and share project data
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.