Getting Help With an Evaluation
Sharing Knowledge, Experiences and Providing Advice
The following section contains answers to the frequently asked questions listed above.
1. How can I find a specific evaluation option?
Use the site search function or if you are familiar with the taxonomy, you can locate options from task pages which are contained in component pages.
2. My search returns no results or too many. How do I improve search results?
If there are no search results, ensure spelling is correct and try using fewer keywords. If there are too many search results, try adding another keyword to the search query. The results will only include pages that contain all of those keywords.
3. What do I do if I can't find what I'm looking for?
Getting Help With an Evaluation
4. Where can I ask for help regarding an evaluation question, issue or challenge?
You may find the answer to your question in the site's content, forums, blogs or challenge area. Use the site search function to see if your question has been answered. If you cannot find your answer, post the question in the evaluation questions forum. Alternatively, you can privately ask for help by using the contact form.
5. Where can I find information about planning a whole evaluation?
The options overview page features an evaluation planner and provides information about planning an evaluation.
6. How do I contribute content?
Visit the contribute content page if you would like to send us or recommend content for BetterEvaluation. This page is also accessible from the contribute content button located in the blue title bar of content pages.
If the content you are contributing is available online, provide us with the URL. If the content is a file stored on your hard drive, you can attach it provided it is less than 2MB and one of the following file types: jpg, jpeg, gif, png, txt, doc, xls, pdf, ppt, pps, odt, ods or odp.
7. What kinds of content can I contribute?
Any content which has information about evaluation practice and theory. This information could be (but is not limited to) evaluation options, approaches, themes, resources and events.
8. Can I contribute content that I didn't create?
As long as you provide the source of the content so we can obtain permission from the author.
9. What happens after I contribute content?
The BetterEvaluation team will review the content and add it to the site. If you wish to be further involved with the development of the content, check the checkbox at the bottom of the contribute content form.
Sharing Advice, Knowledge and Experiences
10. How can I offer advice and share my experiences on evaluation?
Comment on individual pages of content to provide advice, knowledge and experiences related to that content page. Additionally, browse the forums and create discussion topics or reply to existing ones.
11. How do I create an account?
Click join and follow the instructions to create an account.
12. What are the benefits of creating an account?
Creating an account will enable you to:
- Add comments to various content pages
- Create and reply to forum discussions
- Contribute content
- Share experiences and give advice about evaluation
13. How do I make my account profile private?
Visit your profile, select edit and then select profile visibility. Uncheck the checkbox 'Allow other users to see my profile' and then save.
If you set your account profile to private, you will not appear in the member directory and your profile will be hidden from other users.