Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities are vital to make sure that project's activities are relevant to the context coherent with other interventions achieve their objectives deliver results in an efficient way and have positive impacts that last. MEL activities and developmental impact support sustainability and increased resilience of organizations.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Foundation-level (MEL) course will enable development practitioners to confidently implement the day-to-day job activities mostly required from a Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer. The course includes the foundational competencies critical and evaluative thinking skills necessary to effectively manage their development projects learn from make informed decisions to improve the work that they do and as well as to be more accountable to their funding organizations and to the children men and women they serve.
Join our experienced facilitator and together with a peer group you will learn using a mix of participatory practical activities theory and case examples in 12-hours trainer-facilitated online course.
- Understand the latest theories and concepts of Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning.
- Develop sequential and results-based logical framework for development projects.
- Explain the different levels of results: outputs, outcomes and impact.
- Develop smart quantitative and qualitative Key Performance Indicators to measure project's progress meaningfully and accurately.
- Design project’s MEL plan and articulate its key sections.
- Commission project’s external evaluation mission.
- Develop an understanding of the significance and role of MEL to improve project and organizational learning.
Who Should Attend?
This course is a foundation to intermediate level. It is designed for development practitioners working in local and international NGOs, government agencies, donor-funded development projects, social enterprises, philanthropic organizations, and development consulting firms, among others.
The targeted audience includes:
- Monitoring and evaluation officers
- Project and program managers
- Grants management specialists
- Project coordinators and field officers
- Resources mobilization fundraising, and communication specialists.
- Eight (8) interactive live sessions facilitated by our highly experienced consultant. Each live session lasts 90 minutes.
- The course focuses on a mixture of theory case examples and practical activities, individually and in small group discussions.
- Presentation materials and training instructions are in English.
- Our trainers are bilingual in English and Arabic.
- On average, we estimate participants should set aside 4-6 hours per week to complete this course.
- You will need a laptop and ideally also a headset as well as access to broadband internet.
- You will need to be able to download software (Zoom) to access the live sessions.
Certificate of Completion: You will receive a certificate of completion upon the fulfilment of the course requirements.
Certified Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Foundation-Level Certificate (CF-MEL) certificate: Passing an online exam that tests participant's knowledge in 9 entry-level and early career competencies of the MEL profession. The exam is 60 multiple choice questions in 45 minutes, pass or fail and with an open book.
Benefits of CF-MEL
Get certified by the only industry-recognized certifications for MEL professionals in the MENA region. Achieving Beit Al Karma Academy's CF-MEL is independent proof that you have a good knowledge and understanding of the correct MEL best practices. It certifies that you have gained the knowledge required to be recognized as a competent MEL professional.
7 - 30 August 2023 | Mondays and Wednesdays
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm (Egypt Time)
Read more about the course