This website, from Stanford University, provides links to a variety of extensions, scripts and utilities for GIS software.
- ArcGIS Tools and Scripting Help
- EasyCalculate: Asset of expressions for the ArcGIS field calculator
- ET GeoWizards: A set of functions for ArcGIS 8.1 and above packed in a user friendly wizard-type interface that helps users manipulate data with ease
- MXD Defragmenter: reduce the size over overly large MXD files
- Python Scripting Language Help
- Spatial Ecology: An extension for ArcGIS designed to automate and perform spatial analysis
- functions that cannot be conveniently accomplished with out-of-the-box
- V-LATE: Vector-based Landscape Analysis Tools Extension
- XTools: contains useful vector spatial analysis, shape conversion and table management tools developed by the Oregon Department of Forestry
- ArcView Tools
- Spatial Tools ArcView Extension: Spatial Tools is a collection of tools for Raster/Grid data. Its menus, tools, and buttons provide access to various spatial modeling and analysis capabilities such as: clipping, mosaicking, merging grids, resolution alteration, data clean-up and spatial analysis. Note: Spatial Analyst must be loaded simultaneously. Download from USGS
- Image to Map Transformer Utility If you need to georeference .bmp or .jpg images (aerials) to a map in ArcView, use this extension available from Seminole County GIS
- ArcView Stream Digitizing Extension: Created to support on-screen (heads-up) digitizing of lines and polygons in stream mode
- The Analysis Extension: Available only on the Branner GIS workstations!
- This extension gives ArcView additional functions such as: Update, Eliminate, Explode, Erase, Generalize, Split, MakeGrid, MoveXY, Rotate, Thiessen, and more.
- Spatial News: This page offers many ArcView scripts that can't be found anywhere else.
- Piersson's ArcView Tools: Various ArcView scripts, extensions, and other goodies. Some are unique to this site.
- Patch Analyst: ArcView extension facilitating the spatial analysis of landscape patches.
- ArcInfo Tools
- Costpath for ArcInfo Workstation: performs costpath analysis on a grid
- Fragstats: Landscape Structure and Spatial Pattern Analysis
- General GIS Tools
- Unit Conversion: This site will calculate conversions for Distance, Area, Volume and more with this online converter.
- Geographic/UTM Coordinate Converter
- ArcView Metadata Collector: Provides a dialog for creating FGDC compliant metadata for most data types supported by ArcView.
- Symbol Page for ArcView and ArcInfo: Custom Symbol, Marker, Fill, Font, Icon or Color palettes.
- GeoJava Corner: A list of GeoJava-related sites and Java programming resources.
- Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) zone map
- State Plane Coordinate System Map
Extensions, utilities, and scripts available for gis software. (2010). Retrieved from http://web.archive.org/web/20120403122957/https://lib.stanford.edu/GIS/learnGIS (archived link)