BetterEvaluation has over 1600 resources on evaluation tasks and options, with more being added each week. These include overviews, guides, examples, tools or toolkits, and discussion papers. Read the below guide for tips on how to find what you are after.
Finding a resource in the BetterEvaluation library
Option 1. Search for a resource via keywords
- Click on the search bar in the top right of any BetterEvaluation page
- Enter keywords related to your search and click enter
- Filter results to the type of information you are after (e.g. Resources)
- Further refine the results according to your preferred criteria (e.g. language, date of publication, resource type, or tags)
- Click on a resource in the result list to the view the resource landing page, and then View Resource to view or download the resource
These steps are illustrated in the animation below:
(Click here to jump straight to the Resource Library search screen)
In the example to your above, you can see me search for 'Key evaluation questions' to find some guidance on writing these. By using the evaluation search bar in the top right corner of your screen, you can search for exactly what you're after by typing in keywords, and then, once on the results page, filtering for 'Resources' in the right-hand sidebar. I could have further refined my search to look for 'guides' or a specific language, or publication date or tag if I had a fairly good idea of what I wanted.
Option 2. Navigate to resources via the Rainbow Framework
The Rainbow Framework has been designed to organise the resources in our library so that users are able to find the resources they need, at the point in the evaluation process that they need them.
The Rainbow Framework is made up of seven clusters of evaluation tasks, and each task lists a number of evaluation options (methods and processes). Each task and option page gives a general overview, before linking to a number of curated resources.
You can navigate to the Rainbow Framework from:
1. The drop-down menu at the top of the screen:
2. From the Rainbow Framework Overview Page.
Contribute a resource to the BetterEvaluation Library
You can send us your resource recommendations and reviews here: Contribute content