The Most Significant Change (MSC) technique is a participatory monitoring & evaluation technique ideally suited to providing qualitative information on project /program impact.
MSC also supports data capture of unexpected outcomes and is an excellent tool for fostering organisational learning and program improvement. It is well suited to capture impact in complex social change situations.
This is a unique opportunity to have MSC training in Europe from an experienced MSC professional. Rick Davies, developer of the MSC technique will assist with delivery for part of the London training.
Registration and Contact details:
Cost £500 or €600 for 2 days depending on location (Sorry no scholarships)
A course program and venue details will be sent to those registering interest. Places will be secured by registration and 10% deposit to be paid by 1/7/2014. Full payment required prior to course attendance.
Who should attend ?
- Programs that are interested in hearing the viewpoints of beneficiaries, clients and stakeholders on how their programs impacts on people
- Government and NGOs
- UN and international development agencies
- Program officers, team leaders and staff responsible for M&E or program improvement
- Local consultants wishing to expand their M&E tools
At the end of the training particpants will :
- Understand how MSC works
- Understand how MSC fits within broader Monitoring and Evaluation efforts
- Understand the benefits and weaknesses of MSC and when and where to use it
- Be able to undertake the essential steps of MSC (story collection, selection and feedback)
- Have designed an MSC plan for their own programs
- Understand options for coding and analysis of MSC stories