Our Conference theme is: Navigating evaluation: Making waves in Aotearoa and across the Pacific
2015 has been designated the International Year of Evaluation by the UN to advocate and promote evaluation and its use.
The theme of the International Year of Evaluation is: Evidence for the world we want.Using evaluation to improve people’s lives through better policy making.
In celebrating the Year of Evaluation the ANZEA 2015 Conference theme invites you to consider the contribution of evaluation to creating a better Aoteaora New Zealand and Pacific.
The South Pacific ocean connects Aotearoa in the South West to the “sea of islands” at the centre of Oceania. Made up of Islands in the west Papua New Guinea, Solomon and Vanuatu, Oceania stretches east to the Cook Islands, Tahiti and Easter Islands. It reaches north to Tokelau, Tuvalu and Nauru with Fiji, Samoa, Niue and Tonga nestled in the middle of the ocean expanse.
The 2015 Conference theme serves to remind us of the wisdom, courage, and vision of the many different peoples who journeyed across the vast expanse to the Pacific.
The navigational metaphors and questions below invite you to begin exploring, connecting and exchanging ideas as you prepare your conference abstracts and presentations.
- Finding a compass: What are the ethical, theoretical or methodological approaches that help us stay on course? What is the destination?
- Turning tides: How is evaluation contributing to social justice, equity and sustainability?
- Making waves: Are we being heard? How can evaluation make a bigger contribution to government policy and decision-making?
- All at sea: How do we anchor theory and practice in a world where change is a constant and complexity is the norm?
- Choppy waters, stormy seas: What are the evidence challenges in evaluation? What counts as credible evidence in Maori, Pacific, community and policy contexts?
- Sailing the Pacific: How do we give momentum to Pacific led evaluation theory, practice and capability across Aotearoa and the Pacific?
- Distant horizons: What is on the evaluation horizon? How are you navigating evaluation waters to bring new knowledge, values and practice together?
- Casting the net: How do we weave evaluative thinking into the fabric of organisations in across Aotearoa and the Pacific.