The South African Monitoring and Evaluation Association (SAMEA) invites you to its 7th biennial conference in Johannesburg, Gauteng. The conference is being held at the Emperors Palace from the 23rd to 25th October 2019, with the pre-conference workshops taking place from the 21st to 22nd October.
BETTER EVIDENCE FOR PUBLIC POLICY AND IMPLEMENTATION
- focuses on how public sector institutions use evidence in policy and decision-making to deliver better outcomes for society.
- provides a platform for delegates to discuss the influence of technology on how practitioners design M&E studies, collect data, analyse information, report on and visualise data.
INVESTING FOR IMPACT
- explores the role of M&E in impact investing and corporate social investment programmes.
CLIMATE CHANGE AND BUILDING RESILIENCE
- provides an opportunity to discuss how M&E helps us to assess implications of climate change on individuals, communities and organisations and through strong evidence contributes to building resilience.
M&E AND NON-PROFITS
- draws lessons from how M&E is carried out in the non-profit sector and how it enables learning, how it shapes current practice and how it is adapting to changes brought about by technology, donor demands and communities’ needs.
M&E SKILLS IN A CHANGING WORLD
- examines the changing skills requirements for the M&E profession in the 21st century and discusses the evolving roles of practitioners.
- Workshop Proposals Submission opens 01 March 2019
- Abstract Submissions open 09 April 2019
- Workshop Proposals close 17 April 2019
- Abstract Submissions Close 10 June 2019
- Decision on abstracts 08 July 2019
- Notification sent to speakers 10 July 2019
- Confirmation received from speakers 17 July 2019