There are many different software packages available that support the range of approaches to qualitative and mixed methods analysis. In applied contexts MAXQDA is a good choice because it is easy to learn, intuitive and streamlined. This one day course introduces the principles of Computer-Assisted Qualitative Data AnalysiS (CAQDAS) and provides comprehensive foundation level training in the workings of the software.
This is a foundation level course run by the Social Research Association (SRA).
PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING A PC LAPTOP ON THE DAY (not a Mac).
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
● Have an understanding of the role of CAQDAS in the research process
● Have an overview of the main functions of MAXQDA
● Be able to reflect on the appropriateness of the software for their research needs
● Understand the processes involved in using MAXQDA in for different types of analysis
● Have experience with setting up a MAXQDA database efficiently
● Have experience of using MAXQDA to organise, code, query and interpret data
● Have a clear understanding of the longer-term potentials
- Project and data management
- safe-guarding and sharing work
- exploring content and structure within data
- organising data and ideas
- interpretation and reflection
- data querying and interrogation techniques.
Who will benefit:
Researchers working in applied contexts that require efficient and streamlined means of handling and analysing qualitative and mixed data.