The Bologna Centre for International Development and the University of Bologna's Department of Economics are holding their 10th Annual Edition Summer Training Programme on Monitoring and Evaluation. This year's programme includes two courses that focus on methods that are increasingly on the cutting-edge for planning, monitoring and evaluation in development situations characterized by a dynamic environment and unpredictable results: Outcome Mapping and Outcome Harvesting.
The two hands-on courses present practical steps, examples and participatory exercises in applying these planning, monitoring and evaluation (PM&E) tools to strengthen management for development results. Special attention is given to situations where there is uncertainty about the causal relationships linking inputs, activities and outputs with the outcomes and impacts of development interventions. And, all concepts will be applied in working groups by the participants. Participants will gain practical guidance and skills in using these complementary tools to plan, monitor and evaluate their interventions and what they achieve in order to be accountable and to improve performance.
For more information on the individual courses:
The courses are targeted to people who commission, manage or carry out PM&E:
- Government officials, department heads and programme managers
- Foundation and development funders
- Policy makers and programme implementers
- Development practitioners and activists
- NGO and CSO staff
- Development graduate students
The two courses are designed for people with practical or theoretical experience either in development and humanitarian work or in PM&E. Have you ever needed to find alternative approaches when conventional frameworks for normal planning, monitoring and evaluation do not generate useful processes and results? Have you ever wanted to know whether a development intervention is having the desired effects and is achieving the aimed objectives before it is too late to make changes in your strategy? If so, then you can find out more about this course here.
- Terry Smutylo (OM), advisor, former Director of Evaluation at IDRC for 15 years, currently an expert on M&E and Outcome Mapping with extensive experience in M&E Training around the world. Co-author of the Outcome Mapping Manual.
- Ricardo Wilson-Grau (OH), monitoring and evaluation advisor and organizational development consultant. With colleagues, developed the Outcome Harvesting tool, monitoring and evaluating thousands of outcomes of almost 400 networks and associations, NGOs, community-based organisations, research institutes and government agencies in 143 countries on all seven continents.
- Early bird (before March 31st, 2015): 1.500 euro
- Full registration (before June 14th, 2015): 1.600 euro
The enrolment fee includes tuition and materials. Room and boarding and travel expenses are not included. Various lodging arrangement suggestions can be provided on request. Partial tuition waivers will possibly be available for a limited number of applicants from developing countries only! Please indicate in your application whether you need funding! For those requesting funding, acceptance will be evaluated together with their granted fee status.