This one-day course has been custom designed for people who want to commission better evaluations. It is for people with a role in planning, commissioning and managing evaluations. It is suitable for beginners through to those with a few years' experience.
Participants will gain knowledge and consolidate their understanding of:
- different types of evaluation and how they can be used to inform policy, strategy and project work
- principles and steps in successfully planning and implementing an evaluation project
- techniques for developing and prioritising your evaluation questions
- effective strategies for stakeholder engagement in the evaluation process
- elements that make up a good evaluation brief / approach to market
- factors that influence the scale, budget and timeframe of an evaluation
- what to look for in an external evaluation team
- assessment of evaluation proposals and the procurement process
- management of evaluation consultancies
- ethical conduct, governance and risk management in evaluation.
Participants will leave the workshop with skills and knowledge to commission better evaluations.
This workshop aligns with competencies in the AES Evaluator’s Professional Learning Competency Framework. The identified domain is:
- Domain 5 – Project management
Who should attend?
Anyone working in government, the community sector or business who has a role in planning, commissioning or managing evaluations. No prior experience in evaluation is required.