By the end of this course, you will be able to demonstrate your knowledge of Advocating for Evaluation concepts and practices. The course is composed of 8 units. Participants are required to complete all units and accompanying tests to be able to print out the certificate.
This course is particularly important to facilitate countries to develop and implement their own context-specific advocacy strategy to strengthen an enabling environment for evaluation in the Year of evaluation.
The course is based on EvalPartners Evaluation Advocacy Toolkit and includes eight units. Six world level specialists in evaluation and advocacy including senior representatives of the international community, a Member of Parliament and senior evaluation managers teach this course. The units and presenters are as follows:
1. Introduction: Advocacy for building an enabling environment for evaluation. Presented by Marco Segone
2. Developing an advocacy strategy to build an enabling environment for evaluation (Part 1). Presented by Neha Karkara
3. Developing an advocacy strategy to build an enabling environment for evaluation (Part 2). Presented by Neha Karkara
4. Tracking progress in advocating for an enabling environment for evaluation. Presented by Julia Coffman
5. Advocating for equity-focused and gender-responsive evaluation policies. Presented by Inga Sniukaite
6. Strengthening partnerships to influence evaluation policies and systems. Presented by Tessie Catsambas
7. Working with parliamentarians to increase demand for evaluation. Presented by Kabir Hashim
8. Managing knowledge, risks and resources in advocacy. Presented by Neha Karkara
The e-learning course is free and open to all interested evaluators. You may attend virtually from your personal or work computer anywhere in the world. The course includes on-line lectures, reading material and tests. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in an on-line forum, and on successful completion of the e-learning course will be able to print out a certificate of virtual attendance.
For additional information on the e-learning programme on Development Evaluation, watch the introductory video by Marco Segone (UNWOMEN Evaluation Office and EvalPartners Co-Chair) and Natalia Kosheleva (IOCE President and EvalPartners Co-Chair). For registration, visit http://mymande.org/elearning/.