This short course intends to provide all those engaged in Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) with the opportunity to develop a Management Information System (MIS) in plan and in prototype over a two week. The underlying structure for each participant's MIS is designed in the first week. In the second, the design is taken further using available software packages (database, spreadsheet and WWW software). Participants will take home a workable system which can be field tested with live data. MIS are expected to provide you with a range of powerful outputs, including:
- Indicators of all kinds - performance, sustainability, impact, etc.
- Other forms of performance information about your project
- Financial appraisal of the project’s inputs and outputs
- A clear perception of the expected and realised impact of the project
- An understanding of the rate of travel of the project to its final goal
Basic competency in commonly available software packages is essential for full participation in this course. There is a focus on the assessment of indicators as well as the issue of 'Green ICT'.
Note: Above is a brief version of the description of the course.
Organization: University of East Anglia, Norwich
For registration email Sarah Gore or Jane Donaldson on email@example.com
Course Fee: £3000. It includes: All tuition and self-catering accommodation