Scheduled for 27-29th November 2019, in Melbourne, “The Story Conference: Work. Health. Well-being.” seeks to open and hold the space for conversations and explorations around the many rich and powerful ways that Story and Narrative approaches can be used to influence and effect work, health and well-being in individuals, organisations and communities.
Founded in 2009, The Story Conference provides a space for practitioners interested in sharing, exploring and co-creating new ways of working with story-based methods. Emerging from the last conference held in 2016 the book “The Story Cookbook: Practical recipes for change” being published by Cambridge Scholar Publishing which will also provide a special feature point at the conference.
This conference is for you if you are:
- A manager, leader, change consultant, OD professional, group facilitator, community builder, coach, educator
- Interested in learning more about working with story and narrative techniques within the areas of business, community and/or government
- Seeking new ways to help bring meaningful connection, relationship and change to fruition within the workplace and beyond
Those considering submitting a proposal are encouraged to think about the following questions:
- How have you worked with story and narrative techniques in a work-place setting to effect positive change?
- In what ways have you seen the application of story and narratives provide health related impacts and outcomes?
- How can story and narrative techniques provide benefits and impacts for well-being of individuals, communities and organisations?
The call for workshop proposals will close February 28th 2019.