This is an online course offered by the On Think Tanks School, targeted to individuals and members of think tanks and other policy research organisations who are looking for viable and innovative ways to assess how their own research influences policymaking.
Who is this for?
This Short Course is for individuals and members of think tanks and other policy research organisations who are looking for viable and innovative ways to assess how their own research influences policymaking.
There are limited spaces and participants will be expected to actively engage in the process (before, during and after the webinars). They should have a specific policy influence project in mind so that the training is as relevant as possible and results in a concrete outputs.
The module helps those looking to:
- Better reflect and enhance the impact of research in public policy,
- Satisfy their (and their donors’) interests in enhancing the uptake of research in policy,
- Stimulate a learning culture in your organization focused on policy influence,
- Build their reputation and visibility and attract more and better support to their work, and
- Organise what they are already doing so that it can be useful for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning purposes -and let go of processes that may not be useful.
This Short Course consists of the following:
- A background note on monitoring, evaluation and learning of policy influence that will set the tone for the training,
- An online forum to share comments, experiences and pose questions with the trainers and other participants,
- Two webinars facilitated by the Dena Lomofsky and Vanesa Weyrauch, and
- The delivery of a practical exercise to apply the lessons learned to your organisation which will receive personalised feedback from the trainers.
The Short Course costs GBP 125.00. You may also join by signing up to the entire series of 7 Short Courses at GBP 700.00 for the series.
Early bird registration fee for the course is GBP 105.00 (only for first five registrations) and for the entire series is GBP 600.00 (only for first five registrations).