The Institutional Learning and Change (ILAC) Initiative of the CGIAR is organizing a workshop on evaluation options, in partnership with WFP, FAO and IFAD, to be held in FAO on 19 September 2011 (Monday).
The objectives of the workshop are:
- To introduce the international evaluation community based in Rome to BetterEvaluation
- To contribute to knowledge sharing on evaluation to improve evaluation practices
The one day program will consist of three main parts:
- Two separate presentations followed by discussion by Professor Patricia Rogers and Dr Javier Ekboir. Why learning 'What works' is often not enough - dealing with complication and complexity and What constitutes rigorous evidence for policy design, implementation and evaluation?
- Introduction to a new evaluation resource called ‘BetterEvaluation’
- Sharing information on a range of options for negotiating values, combining qualitative and quantitative data, understanding cause and effect, choosing options, and making sense of the wide range of possible evaluation options.
For more information, please contact Cristina Sette, email@example.com.