The Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of OECD has drawn up a series of policy principles addressing key areas of aid programming and management including Project Appraisal, Programme Assistance and Technical Co-operation.
This document describes each of these principles.
The principles for evaluation comprises the following:
- Purpose of evaluation
- Impartiality and independence
- Participation of donors and recipients
- Donor co-operation
- Evaluation programming
- Design and implementation of evaluations
- Reporting, dissemination and feedback
- Application of these principles and follow-up
OECD (1991), DAC Principles for Evaluation of Development Assistance, Paris