The fourth edition of Michael Quinn Patton's Qualitative Research & Evaluation Methods Integrating Theory and Practice, published by Sage Publications, analyses and provides clear guidance and advice for using a range of different qualitative methods for evaluation. Using a range of clear examples and case studies the book comprehensively outlines a wide variety of qualitative research and evaluation methods, inquiry frameworks, and analysis options that are available today.
This book is available for purchase from Sage Publications
"Now offering more balance between applied research and evaluation, this Fourth Edition illuminates all aspects of qualitative inquiry through new examples, stories, and cartoons; more than a hundred new summarizing and synthesizing exhibits; and a wide range of new highlight sections/sidebars that elaborate on important and emergent issues. For the first time, full case studies are included to illustrate extended research and evaluation examples. In addition, each chapter features an extended "rumination," written in a voice and style more emphatic and engaging than traditional textbook style, about a core issue of persistent debate and controversy."
- Framing Qualitative Inquiry: Theory Informs Practice, Practice Informs Theory
- The Nature, Niche, and Value of Qualitative Inquiry
- Strategic Themes in Qualitative Inquiry
- Variety of Qualitative Inquiry Frameworks: Paradigmatic, Philosophical, and Theoretical Orientations
- Practical and Actionable Qualitative Applications
- Qualitative Designs and Data Collection
- Designing Qualitative Studies
- Fieldwork Strategies and Observation Methods
- Qualitative Interviewing
- Analysis, Interpretation, and Reporting
- Qualitative Analysis and Interpretation
- Enhancing the Quality and Credibility of Qualitative Studies
Patton, M. Q., (2014), Qualitative Research & Evaluation Methods Integrating Theory and Practice (Fourth Edition), Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA. Retrieved from: https://study.sagepub.com/patton4e