This website provides detailed information on what a survey is, why and when it is used, and how it can be performed.
- What is a survey?
- Where does this tool come from?
- Why and when is a survey used?
- When and how should a survey be used?
- What are the pre-conditions for its use in evaluation?
- What is the role of the survey in evaluation?
- Why is the survey used in country evaluations?
- How is a survey carried out?
- How is a questionnaire developed?
- How are desk-based survey techniques carried out?
- How are samples designed?
- How is the pilot questionnaire conducted?
- How is the survey implemented?
- How are the findings analysed and treated?
- How is the quality of the survey controlled?
- What are the different stages of quality control?
- What are the key issues to control?
European Commission (2005) Survey. A detailed presentation of the tool. Europe Aid Co-operation Office, European Commission. Located at http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/evaluation/methodology/tools/too_qst_som_en.htm
Also via MyMandE