This concise guide, prepared by Ellen Taylor-Powell and Carol Hermann for the University of Wisconsin Extension, offers a useful introduction to telephone-specific and broader survey design approaches.
- Up front planning
- What is a survey?
- When is a survey appropriate
- Choosing survey options (mail, telephone, face-to-face, and electronic)
- Survey planning
- Implementing a survey (for mail and telephone surveys)
- Improving survey response
- Interpreting survey results
- Appendices (sample mail and telephone survey materials and press releases)
Taylor-Powell, E., & Hermann, C. University of Wisconsin Extension, Cooperative Extension. (2000).Collecting evaluation data: Surveys. Retrieved from website: http://learningstore.uwex.edu/assets/pdfs/G3658-10.PDF