This guide from NZAID provides suggestions on how to develop clear Terms of Reference (TOR) for reviews and evaluations. It also includes examples of best practice in TOR and a template that can be used to support the development of TOR.
- NZAID reviews and evaluations
- Why evaluate or review?
- Guiding principles of evaluative activities
- The importance of TOR
- What do we mean by TOR?
- The process of developing TOR
- What to include in your TOR
- Questions to be answered in an Evaluation Plan
- Examples of Good Practice
- Template for TOR for review or evaluation
NZAID New Zealand's International Aid & Development Agency, Wellington New Zealand
Resource via DM&E (Design, Monitoring and Evaluation for Peacebuilding) http://dmeforpeace.org/learn/nzaid-guideline-developing-terms-reference-reviews-and-evaluations