This web page from Primary Health Care Research & Information Service focuses on mentoring by outlining key aspects about mentoring matters. The page begins by providing a definition of mentoring and then continues by covering such topics as: What does a mentor do; features of a good mentoring relationship; and the benefits of mentoring.
"Mentoring involves multiple roles depending on the needs of the mentee (the person being mentored). It includes some or all of the following:
- a mutual relationship where participants share experiences, knowledge and information
- a developmental process where the mentee grows in skills, knowledge and confidence
- a strategy to share intellectual and other resources
- informal or formal support by a more experienced and skilled person
- guided learning by the mentor
- traditionally a one-to-one relationship but group mentoring may be a beneficial option."
- What is mentoring?
- Who needs mentoring?
- What does a mentor do?
- What does a mentee do?
- Features of a good mentoring relationship
- How is it different from supervision?
- Finding a mentor?
- Benefits of mentoring