This presentation, from Ottawa Hospital Research Institute (OHRI), is aimed at developing an understanding of the need for, and utility of, rapid reviews (RR)as a useful knowledge synthesis product. It looks at the OHRI methodology with regards to the use of RRs and provides discussion of practical issues in providing a rapid review knowledge synthesis service.
"Rapid reviews ‘defined’
- Policymakers and healthcare stakeholders increasingly seeking evidence to inform the policymaking process
- Often require rapid access to high-quality evidence to inform decisions on emergent issues or questions
- Seen an increase in use of rapid review-type products
- However, no universally accepted definition or methodological protocol of Rapid Review (RR)
- Closest we’ve come to a definition: Rapid review (RR) ≈ Literature review produced using accelerated and streamlined systematic review (SR) methods."