Before beginning a communications effort, develop a communications plan which is a set of strategies that describe how you intend to communicate the results of the evaluation. The communications plan should be designed to do the following:
- Address different aspects and techniques for discussing the evaluation results
- Guide the process for successfully sharing the results of the evaluation
- Answer concretely the following six questions:
- Who Will be the Key Staff Doing the Communicating?
- What are the Communications Goals and Objects?
- Who is the Target Audience(s)?
- When and How Frequently to Plan to Communicate?
- How to Communicate the Results?
- What Resources Are Available for Communicating?