While the Rainbow Framework can be applied to all kinds of evaluations, there are particular issues in evaluating different types of interventions and in doing different types of evaluations.
Thematic pages bring together resources that relate to a particular theme, including examples, guides and specialist communities of practice
Thematic pages can cover:
- evaluations in particular sectors (for example, agricultural research; peacekeeping;water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- evaluations of particular types of interventions (for example, capacity development, policy advocacy),
- particular types of evaluation (for example, impact evaluation, needs analysis)
- cross-cutting issues in evaluation (for example, gender-sensitive evaluation).
If you'd like to suggest adding other themes, please contact us.
List of Themes
Types of intervention
Types of evaluation
- Impact Evaluation
- Organizational Performance
- Evaluability Assessment
- Sustained and Emerging Impact Evaluation (SEIE)