This video lecture given by Dr Jyotsna Puri for the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) demonstrates how the use of quasi experimental methods allows one to get around the challenge of creating a valid counterfactual. Using easy to understand language, graphics and specific examples this lecture highlights the use quasi-experimental methods for impact evaluations.
This is lecture four in a six part series that introduce impact evaluations. The other video lectures are as follows:
- Video lecture 1: What is impact evaluation?
- Video lecture 2: The theory of change
- Video lecture 3: Introduction to Randomized Control Trials
- Video lecture 5: Systematic Reviews
- Video lecture 6: Using evidence to inform policy
Puri, J. (2014). Quasi-experimental methods for impact evaluations, Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie). Retrieved from: http://impactevaluation2014.org/quasi-experimental-methods-for-impact-evaluations/