Communicate for impact and influence will help participants develop confidence and skills to tell a compelling evidence-based narrative with the power to influence change in all aspects of working life.
This interactive two-day workshop is being led by communications expert Dr Zina O’Leary and executive voice coach and award-winning actor Debra Lawrance. Together, they will teach you how to craft engaging, influential messages and deliver them clearly, confidently and with presence to ensure you are heard.
The ability to deliver cut-through messages that convince people to act is a highly prized attribute. Communicate for impact and influence will help you improve your ability to make things happen. You will develop the ability to draw on your own unique attributes to deliver persuasive arguments with a convincing presence.
Communicate for impact and influence will teach you:
- the purpose of communication in an information age
- the key elements of effective communication
- the effective use of data
- the power of interweaving evidence and narrative
- how to understand and target your audience
- how to use your body and voice to be more effective in delivering your message.
Past participants have said:
- "This workshop was very valuable – well worth the time. I will recommend it to my staff."
- "I found Zina supportive, motivating and generous. What a fabulous teacher."
- “It was great to devote decent time to such an important matter.”
Who should attend?
Communicate for impact and influence is relevant to a wide range of roles. Anyone who needs to deliver verbal presentations or present ideas in meetings to make an impact and to influence people will benefit from attending.
Over two days, Dr O’Leary will share best practice communication and presentation strategies to help you to communicate with impact and influence. Ms Lawrance will focus on the importance of your physical presence, including your body language and vocal capability, in communicating effectively in the workplace.
Communicate for impact and influence involves discussion, small group work, and individual work which includes developing and delivering a presentation and receiving personalised feedback.
$AU 1,650 (inc. GST)
ANZSOG Alumni receive a 15% discount.*
Receive a 25% discount for registrations of four or more people.*
*Only one discount is redeemable for each registration.