This course is designed around principles of experiential learning; using a wide range of techniques that enhance creativity, sharing, reflection and learning. A 6-day intensive facilitator training course covering everything you need to design and deliver Participatory Video processes.
Who is it for?
Project managers and other staff responsible for project delivery
• Community workers and development practitioners
• Volunteers and activists
• Anyone who seeks ways of strengthening the capacity of groups to mobilise
themselves or influence decision making processes to achieve positive changes
in their lives and environments
What will you learn?
• Experience a complete participatory video process
• Develop technical and storytelling skills
• Learn methods for participatory video planning, shooting, editing and screening
• Explore exercises for topic exploration, prioritisation and analysis
• Practice your facilitation skills
• Discuss the most common ethical challenges in participatory video projects
• Extend your toolbox of ice-breaker, energiser and evaluation exercises
• Gain valuable insights into the most common PV applications through case
• Receive guidance on key project management issues around equipment
purchasing, participant selection, safety, consent, intellectual property and video
• Develop your first PV project design plan
• Receive advice from our experienced trainers during the course as well
as during a 1.5hr online meet-up that will focus on project design and