This course is part of the PRiME training and global certification framework for M&E and impact assessment in rural development. It will be the first advanced course of this certification and will be held in Istanbul, Turkey from May 6 to 10, 2019. The objective is is to develop capacities of national monitoring and evaluation officers of national governments as well as other practitioners in relevant areas implementing rural development projects. Specifically, capacity building in impact evaluation applied to rural development through a dedicated course on impact evaluation drawing from good international practices and including in the field experience from the Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD (IOE).
The course will be delivered from 6th to 10th May 2019 in Istanbul, Turkey, and will cover topics on experimental and non-experimental impact evaluation methods focused on rural development projects.
The course includes a combination of lectures, group exercises, plenary exercises, and case studies.
Group work is an essential component of the course. The course is designed to be primarily workshop-based, in which participants can work through tasks and problems that mimic their daily activities. Instructors are there to facilitate the group work, addressing real-world concerns.
By the end of the Advanced/Impact Evaluation Course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance and the types of questions impact evaluations can answer.
- Understand key concepts of impact evaluations (e.g. counterfactual, treatment and control groups, randomization, impact calculation).
- Understand when and how to use each approach (experimental evaluation, regression discontinuity design, instrumental variable, difference-in-differences and matching).
- Understand the main challenges in evaluating agricultural projects.
It is comprised of five modules:
- Introduction to Impact Evaluation
- Experimental evaluations
- Non-experimental approaches Part I
- Non-experimental approaches Part II
- Challenges in Evaluating Agricultural Projects and Case Studies
- Basic statistical knowledge
- Basic excel knowledge
- English Proficiency
The tuition fee for the Impact Evaluation course is 2,000.00 USD. Please note that this fee does not include travel or accommodation expenses, these will have to be covered and arranged by the participants or sponsor institutions.
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING
The deadline for applying is April 1st, 2019 (application will be only considered complete with payment confirmation). If you are interested in the course or want more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us through our social media channels.