Over two days, experienced evaluator Professor Patricia Rogers and Associate Professor Greet Peersman will help participants understand the conceptual and practical issues involved in evaluating public sector policies and programs, and evaluation’s role as a key tool for decision-makers.
Participants will learn to focus evaluation studies according to specific criteria such as purpose and stakeholder needs. Participants will understand how to apply program logic and how to set standards for evaluations to then assess the quality of evaluation reports.
Previous participants have enjoyed this workshop’s balance of academic rigour and practical ‘how-to’ for the work environment.
"Evaluation for the public sector was an excellent opportunity to engage with colleagues from other agencies/jurisdictions and share experiences."
What will you learn?
Professor Rogers and Associate Professor Peersman will guide participants through interactive discussion using contemporary, real-world public sector examples. You will learn about:
- evaluation’s role in decision-making
- applying program logic
- gathering evidence in an evaluation and assessing validity
- working with consultants
- managing an evaluation.
"I found the course really good. We discussed plenty of techniques and tools that could be used in the workplace."
Who should attend?
- People in policy, program and service delivery roles who plan and conduct evaluations, assess the quality of evaluation reports, and manage others who conduct evaluation studies.
Who will lead the course?
- Professor Patricia Rogers - Professor of Public Sector Evaluation at ANZSOG and the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, and Director of BetterEvaluation, an international collaboration to improve monitoring and evaluation by creating and sharing knowledge about choosing and using methods and processes. Read Professor Rogers’ biography. Read Professor Rogers' biography.
- Associate Professor Greet Peersman - Deputy Director of BetterEvaluation. Associate Professor Peersman has more than 30 years’ experience in M&E in public health and international development (focus areas include: child protection, civil society, governance, health promotion, health services, HIV/AIDS, human rights, malaria, tuberculosis). Read Associate Professor Peersman's biography.
How much will it cost?
$AU 1,950 (incl GST)
ANZSOG alumni receive a 15% discount*
Receive a 25% discount for registrations of four or more people**
*Every person that completes the Executive Masters of Public Administration, Executive Fellows Program, Towards Strategic Leadership or an international program becomes part of our alumni. Find out more about our alumni community.
**Only one discount is redeemable for each registration.
To enquire about this workshop, please complete the executive workshop enquiry form.
Read our cancellation, transfer and refund policy.
- All participants will receive access to ANZSOG’s eLearning site which will include workshop preparation materials and general information.