This course provides the opportunity to learn how to establish, manage and maintain an evaluation consultancy from a trainer who has managed his own consultancy for more than 15 years. Issues covered include: How to set-up as an evaluation consultant and find your niche; How to find work, and to diversify and grow an evaluation consultancy; How to set rates and manage financial/legal aspects of your consultancy; How to write proposals for winning business; What are the project/team management tools, which make your practice more efficient?
The course consists of two parts, which can be taken together or separately.
The course is self-paced with no fixed start or finish date. Enrolments are now open and will remain open all around the year.
This online self-paced course uses a combination of methods comprised of reading materials, video lectures and practical exercises to ensure practicality of the knowledge acquired. Case studies are used throughout the course to ensure a hands-on approach and the development of practical skills. Some checklists and templates are provided as a “memo” to help the learner apply the lessons drawn from the course once back in her/his work context.
PART I: Strategic and Soft Skills
- Setting up an independent evaluation consultancy and finding your niche;
- Marketing channels and how to find work;
- Managing and retaining business – customer management and beyond;
- Delivering evaluation services effectively;
- Diversifying and growing your evaluation consultancy.
Part II: Management and Technical Issues
- Managing the crucial legal, tax and financial planning issues as an independent evaluation consultant;
- Writing effective proposals for winning business;
- Determining how much to charge: budgeting your consultancy and the project;
- Tools to support a more efficient management of evaluations;
- Managing teams, partners and clients.
Dr. Glenn O’Neil, an independent evaluation consultant. Over the past 15 years, Dr. O’Neil has built up his boutique consultancy to carry out over 100 evaluations in over 50 countries for some 40 international organisations, NGOs, governments and foundations.
You can take either part separately or enrol in the full course.
Part I: US$425, Part II: US$475
Full course (Part I + II): US$825
To find out more and to enrol, please visit the following webpage: http://www.traass.org/sec
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org