This learning resource, produced by the Pacific Research & Evaluation Associates (PREA) for the Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC), aims to introduce users to the use of logical framework as a way to develop proposals for funding in the are of climate change adaptation. It was developed as part of workshops that were delivered to nine Pacific countries to support them to develop long term strategies and approaches to adaptation planning.
"The overall learning objectives of the training course is to build participant capacity in proposal preparation using the logical framework approach. More specifically at the end of this training programme
- Participants will be able to describe and perform all the steps of the Logical Framework Approach to develop a verified quality logframe matrix
- Participants will be able to describe and complete the key components of a funding application by pulling relevant data from the logframe matrix.
- Participants will be more aware of the donors and grant funding programs that can be accessed by PSIS to fund climate change adaptation projects."
- Introduction to the project management cycle 5
- Introduction to the logical framework approach (IFA) 6
- How the IFA fits in the PMC 8
- Critique of the use of the IFA 9
- Using the IFA to inform project proposal development 11
- Case study 12
- Step 1. Stakeholder analysis 15
- Step 2.problem analysis 17
- Step 3.solution analysis 22
- Step 4.strategy analysis 24
- Step 5.logframe matrix 26
- Step 6. Activity scheduling 35
- Step 7.resource scheduling 36
- What is monitoring & evaluation? 39
- Developing a monitoring & evaluation framework 39
- What is a project proposal 43
- Writing a project proposal 43
- How the logframe matrix informs the proposal 43
- Project proposal structure 44
- Donors 47
- Appendix 1. Logframe Terminology 51
- Appendix 2. Example problem tree, solution tree/strategy and logframe for LFA training 52
- Appendix 3. Example of a logframe for an ADB project 54
- Appendix 4. Theory of Change 56
- Appendix 5. Monitoring & Evaluation Plan Template 60
Pacific Research & Evaluation Associates (2014), SPC Logical Framework Approach Training Project, Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC). Retrieved from: http://evaluationtoolbox.net.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=articl...