The Research for Development Impact (RDI) Network and the University of Sydney invite you to join the 6th RDI Conference to be held on 13-14 June 2017 in Sydney. This Conference promises to offer international development practitioners, academics, students, consultants and private sector representatives a unique opportunity to explore and develop opportunities for cross-sector collaboration and partnership. The theme for 2017, Partnering for Impact on Sustainable Development: collaboration, coordination and solidarity, builds upon the vision of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and will combine data, innovation, and expertise in analysing development impact.
The RDI Conference 2017 will aim to:
- Produce a shared understanding of impact on sustainable development and showcase a series of functional partnership approaches that have built solidarity and led to measurable impact.
- Facilitate cross-sector dialogue and debate among academics, practitioners and policy-makers and businesses; challenging traditional disciplinary boundaries with the purpose of surfacing opportunities for working together.
- Identify and investigate challenges associated with partnering for research for development impact, and support a solutions-based approach to collaboration.
- Add to existing knowledge banks of research from Australia and internationally related to key international sustainable development challenges.
- Create a platform for the proposal of innovative approaches to research partnerships and facilitate the testing and pursuing of these approaches, including partnering with peer institutions and organisations.
- Explore challenges and opportunities of new technologies in development research, practice and partnerships, including examples of effective innovation.
Who should attend?
The conference aims to facilitate shared learning between academics, practitioners, policy-makers and other development actors, challenging traditional disciplinary boundaries and showcasing opportunities for cross-sector collaboration.
We welcome anyone who has an interest in contributing to seeing development policy agendas informed by quality research effectively translated into practice for sustainable development.
Submit an Abstract
A call for submissions to contribute to the Conference program based on the theme ‘Partnering for Impact on Sustainable Development’ is now open until 30 January 2017. Submissions of papers, workshops, panels and roundtables are being received. Learn more.