DEFINE is one of the seven clusters of R,M&E tasks in the Rainbow Framework. The DEFINE tasks involves developing a description of the program and how it is understood to work.
There are three tasks associated with DEFINE. Click on the DEFINE tasks below to see C4D specific options, advice and resources on developing understandings about how the program works.
- Develop initial description
- Develop program theory/logic model
- Identify potential unintended results
DEFINE tasks relate to other tasks in the following ways:
- stakeholders may be engaged in defining the program, see the 'MANAGE' cluster of tasks
- defining the program helps guide choices about what data to collect in the 'DESCRIBE' cluster of tasks
- defining the program can inform planning for investigating causal attribution and contribution under 'UNDERSTAND CAUSES'