The resource provides the user with a video of the lecture presented by Rachel Glennerster and the lecture-notes slides.
Topics covered are:
- Why impact evaluation?
- Objective of evaluation
- A model of change to evaluate
- Different types of evaluation
- Evaluation and cost benefit analysis
- When to do an impact evaluation
- Putting it all together: developing an evaluation strategy
- Learning from impact evaluations
- Needs assessment
- Process evaluation
- Impact evaluation
- Cost-benefit analysis
Glennerster, R (2009) 1: What is Impact Evaluation and When Should You Do It? Abdul Latif Jameel, Poverty Action Lab Executive Training: Evaluating Social Programs Lecture Notes, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Retrieved from http://ocw.mit.edu/resources/res-14-001-abdul-latif-jameel-poverty-actio...
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
Poverty Action Lab (PAL) http://www.povertyactionlab.org/