This brief from the Institutional Learning and Change Initiative (ILAC) outlines the purpose and the steps involved in creating an Institutional History.
- Purpose and audience
- The learning selection framework for innovation
- How to construct and learn from innovation histories
- Clarify the objectives and expectations of stakeholders
- Define the innovation
- Construct innovation timelines and actor network maps
- Write up the learning history
- Use the innovation history as a catalyst for change
- Write up the publishable innovation history
- Disseminate the findings
Douthwaite, B., & Ashby, J. The Institutional Learning and Change (ILAC) Initiative, (2005). Innovation histories: A method for learning from experience.