This guide examines Focus Groups and how they can be useful to extract information. Step by step guidance is provided on how to conduct the focus group interview to help ensure high-quality results.
- What is a focus group interview?
- Advantages and limitations
- When are focus group interviews useful?
Steps in conducting focus group interviews
- Step 1: Select the team
- Step 2: Select the participants
- Step 3: Decide on timing and location
- Step 4: Prepare the discussion guide
- Excerpt from a Discussion Guide
- Step 5: Conduct the interview
- Step 6: Record the discussion
- Step 7: Analyze results
- Selected further reading