This document was primarily written to provide guidance for conceptualizing, writing, selecting and measuring project performance indicators.
In this document, that guidance is placed within the larger context of articulating theories of change, conceptualizing and writing objective and results statements (taken largely from ProPack, with slight adjustments) and creating logical and results frameworks.
- Section 1: Theories of Change
- Section 2: Objective or Result Statements
- General Guidelines for Conceptualizing and Writing Objective or Result Statements
- Objective and Result Statement Levels
- Section 3: Critical Assumptions
- Section 4: Performance Indicator Statements
- General Guidelines for Conceptualizing and Writing Performance Indicator Statements
- Performance Indicators Levels: Impact, Outcome, Output, Process and Input
- Selecting Performance Indicators
- Section 5: Measurement Options and Data Sources
- Types of Indicator Measurement Options Commonly Used
- Choosing Indicator Measurement Options
- Identifying and Selecting Data Sources
- Setting Indicator Targets Critical Assumptions
Levine, C. J. (2007). Catholic Relief Services' (CRS) Guidance for Developing Logical and Results Frameworks. Baltimore: Catholic Relief Services. http://www.crsprogramquality.org/publications/2011/1/14/guidance-for-dev...