This guide defines baselines and targets and why they are both important.
Using targets for performance management in a learning organization is detailed before differentiating the types of targets and how to express targets. The guide examines four common scenarios which provide the context for establishing the baseline data:
- Baseline is established
- Baselines must be collected
- Baselines are established on a rolling basis
- Baseline is zero
- What are baselines and targets?
- Why are baselines important?
- Establishing the baseline
- Why are targets important?
- Using targets for performance management in a learning organization
- Types of targets
- Expressing targets
- Disaggregating targets
- Setting targets
- Document and file
Tirnauer, J (2010) Baselines and Targets, Performance Monitoring & Evaluation TIPS Washington DC, USAID Center for Development Information and Development Evaluation. Retrieved from https://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/pnadw108.pdf