This handbook from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) was developed to support staff to implement successful planning, monitoring and evaluation systems.
The handbook provides an outline of the purposes and guiding principles behind planning, monitoring and evaluation in a UNDP context. It also provides an overview of the essential elements of PM & E in order to increase the results-based culture within the organisation.
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation for development results
- Planning for results: Practical applications
- Planning for monitoring and evaluation
- Monitoring for results
- Evaluating for results]
- Initiating and managing an evaluation
- Assuring the quality of evaluation design and methodology
- Enhancing the use of knowledge from monitoring and evaluation
United Nations Development Programme, (2009). Handbook on planning,monitoring and evaluating for development results. Retrieved from website: http://web.undp.org/evaluation/handbook/documents/english/pme-handbook.pdf