This blog post by Abjhijit Rawool gives guidance on creating dashboards that are based around the users' needs. Though discussed in relation to web applications, the lessons are applicable more broadly.
Contributed by this member
- This checklist aims to help users assess whether Developmental Evaluation is a good fit for your situation.
- This one-hour webinar on How to Design Effective Dashboards from Infragistics aims to show viewers how to design dashboards that will help with business decisions.
- This chapter by Veronica Smith aims to provide a sound framework and guidelines for evaluators, researchers, and program staff to design, develop, maintain, and use a data dashboard as an effective communication tool for monitoring progress
- The Dashboard Insight website contains a number of useful articles, examples and guides on the subject of Organizational Dashboards.
- Stephanie Evergreen's website and blog provides ample reading and guidance on data visualization techniques, taking a research-based approach to effective communication of ideas.
- Stephen Few defines a dashboard as: "A data dashboard is a visual display of the most important information needed to achieve one or more objectives, with the data consolidated and arranged on a single screen so the informa