The BetterEvaluation Resource Library contains hundreds of curated and co-created resources related to managing, conducting, using, and strengthening capacity for evaluation.
You can use the search field and filtering on this page to find resources that you are interested in or you can browse our extensive list. An alternative way to find resources best suited to your needs is to explore the Rainbow Framework, where you can find resources relating to evaluation methods, approaches and tasks.
- 1919 results found
- This book, written by Anne Markiewicz and Ian Patrick, offers a step-by-step guide to developing a monitoring and evaluation framework.
- How can programs and organizations ensure they are adhering to core principles—and assess whether doing so is yielding desired results?
- Jason Davies' website contains a large number of data viz examples, particular around geo data. It also contains some links to to tools, including a word cloud and tree map.
- This article summarizes an extensive literature review addressing the question, How can we spread and sustain innovations in health service delivery and organization?
- This article, by William R.
Understanding the Role of the World Bank Group in a Crowded Institutional Landscape [Network analysis example]In this example, the Independent Evaluation Group (IEG - part of the World Bank Group) have used a network analysis to gain a better understanding of the role of the World Bank Group's policy interventions in the health sector in Liberia in
Building the evidence base for post project evaluation: Case study review and evaluability checklistsThis report to the Faster Forward Fund by Laurie Zivetz and Jindra Cekan of Valuing Voices compares findings from eight end-of-project and subsequent post project evaluations.
- The Dashboard Insight website contains a number of useful articles, examples and guides on the subject of Organizational Dashboards.
- This chapter by Veronica Smith aims to provide a sound framework and guidelines for evaluators, researchers, and program staff to design, develop, maintain, and use a data dashboard as an effective communication tool for monitoring progress
- Stephanie Evergreen's website and blog provides ample reading and guidance on data visualization techniques, taking a research-based approach to effective communication of ideas.
- This one-hour webinar on How to Design Effective Dashboards from Infragistics aims to show viewers how to design dashboards that will help with business decisions.
- This blog post by Abjhijit Rawool gives guidance on creating dashboards that are based around the users' needs. Though discussed in relation to web applications, the lessons are applicable more broadly.
- This brief provides a background on contribution analysis and its applications, as well as walking through five cases studies in which the authors have used contribution analysis to assess whether and how advocacy efforts made a difference.
- В книге рассматриваются особенности программы как объекта оценки, методология и принципы оценки программ
Программа «Система измерения и оценки для программ в области социального сиротства: онлайн-сервис, экспертная поддержка и вдохновляющие кейсы». Сборник кейсов.Сборник кейсов, представляющий созданные рядом московских некоммерческих организаций системы измерения и оценки социальных результатов своей деятельности.
Learning to Make All Voices Count - Leveraging Complexity-Aware MEL to Pursue Change in Complex Systems
- This presentation by Jonny Morell focuses on the need to promote dialogue between evaluators and program funders/designers on the implications of complex behavior.
- This blog post by Lou Dubois writing for Inc. outlines some key elements of a traditional media release and gives guidance on how to adapt these to social media. It also touches on how to measure engagement.
- This guide presents a number of options for creating visual press releases, which is especially important when your press release is for distribution on social media.
- This four-part series by Elizabeth Grim is a good introduction for those new to Twitter.
- This site contains a great roundup of blog posts about using social media to encourage research uptake.
- This template aims to help evaluators think through and document some of the issues around reporting needs during an evaluation. This resource and the following information was contributed by Alice Macfarlan.
- This webinar (recorded January 23, 2018) features an interview with Michael Quinn Patton and discusses his latest book - Principles-Focused Evaluation: The GUIDE - and the principles-focused evaluation (P-FE) approach, exploring its relevan
- This guidebook for nonprofits by Kylie Hutchinson of Community Solutions Planning & Evaluation, Survive and Thrive: Three Steps to Securing Your Program’s Sustainability, presents a three-step strategy for ensuring programs hav
- The DECI-2 website features a searchable knowledge base with over 80 documents and an online guide directed primarily to communication practitioners.
- This 4-page brief discusses how Girl Hub used a story collection research methodology called SenseMaker to help generate girl-centred evidence to inform girls' empowerment interventions.
Mirada colectiva a indicadores y estrategias exitosas: Guía de consulta para organizaciones sin fines de lucro que trabajan temas de educación y desarrollo económicoEsta recurso es una guía de consulta que tiene el objetivo de resumir de manera práctica y en un lenguaje sencillo las principales características y resultados positivos que utilizan proyectos exitosos dentro de las categorías de temas que
- Making Wise Decisions is a toolkit to help your small or mid-sized organization better manage your data. This resource and the following information was contributed by Sam Adams
- The guide and toolkit, Dabbling in the Data, includes detailed instructions for teams to use to delve more deeply into quantitative and qualitative data.
- This sample session agenda takes teams through a three-part set of conversations about their data: Scan, Diagnose, and Prioritize.
- "Esta guía [ y el tablero] puede ser utilizada por cualquier empleado/a público, pero ha sido diseñada principalmente para aquellos/as que trabajan en el análisis de información y datos de las agencias y corporaciones en áreas tales como pl
- This guide written by Howard White and David Raitzer (available as a free PDF download) offers guidance on the principles, methods, and practice of impact evaluation, covering experimental, quasi-experimental and regression-based designs an