We invited Mishkah Jakoet shares some thoughts on how metrics can be more useful for impact investing.
Contributed by this member
- This article introduces papers from a 2016 forum “Where Impact Measurement Meets Evaluation” co-sponsored by the American Evaluation Association and Social Value International to discuss the intersection between evaluation and impact measur
- This article reviews three case studies to demonstrate how theories of change are useful for communicating impact, identifying indicators to be measured and the critical analysis of the underlying logic of an impact investment.
- This article documents issues emerging during discussions of impact investing and social impact measurement amongst participants of the Innovations in Evaluation strand at the 8th African Evaluation Association Conference.
The next frontier for measurement and evaluation: Social impact measurement for impact investing and market solutionsThis paper provides a succinct summary of how evaluators need to evolve and develop tools to meet the need of impact investors for timely, cost-effective, data and evidence about social and environmental returns.
- This is a case study of the start-up phase of the US $25 million Working Capital Investment Fund created to confront modern-day slavery by addressing forced labour in global supply chains.
- Actionable Impact Management (AIM) is a 4 part series of ebooks that provide guidance to assist organisations to create an enduring internal impact measurement process for accurately and effectively communicating impact.
- To support the growth of a stronger evidence base for contributions to positive social and environmental impacts this paper presents a typology for structuring thinking about impact measurement and evaluation for impact investing.
- This paper reviews literature on the evaluation of impact investments. Various tools and approaches for assessing social value are identified and theoretical considerations are discussed.
- This article uses case examples to demonstrate the value of using theory of change at all levels of impact investing and affirms the importance of accountability and learning across combinations of evaluation methods.
- This article provides an introduction to impact investing concepts, the history and growth of impact investing, and examples of impact investing.
- Impact investment aims to create positive social change alongside financial returns, thereby creating blended value. Assessing the intended and actual blended value created is an important part of impact investing.