These Guidelines from the European Commission have been prepared to support ongoing improvements in the quality of development assistance. Quality is defined primarily in terms of the relevance, feasibility and effectiveness of the programmes and projects supported with EC funds, including how well they are managed.
More specifically, the Guidelines aim to support good management practices and effective decision making throughout the project management cycle – from programming, through to identification, formulation, implementation and evaluation. The Guidelines aim to promote consistency and clarity of approach, while allowing for the operational flexibility required of a dynamic and diverse external assistance programme.
- European Comminssion Development Cooperation Policy
- The Project Approach
- Project Cycle Management (PCM) Operational Guidelines
- The Logical Framework Approach
- Instituional Capacity Assessment
- Monitoring, Review and Reporting
- Participation & Facilitation
- Preparing Terms of Reference
EuropeAID. (2004). Aid Delivery Options Project Cycle Management (PCM) - Project Approach Guidelines, Project Cycle Management Guidelines (Vol. 1, pp. 158). Brussels: EuropeAid Cooperation Office, European Commission. http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/infopoint/publications/europeaid/49a_en.htm