This article from the Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation outlines the key steps involved with using contribution analysis as a tool to discover the contribution a program has made to particular outcomes.
- Accountability for Outcomes
- The Problem of Attribution
- The Case of Performance Measurement
- Recognizing the Limits of Measurement
- Two Uses of Performance Measurement: Understanding and Reporting
- Approaches to Attribution: Contribution Analysis
- Techniques for Strengthening Your Performance Story
Mayne, J. (2001). Addressing attribution through contribution analysis: Using performance measures sensibly. The Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation, 16 (1), 1-24.
'Addressing Attribution through Contribution Analysis: Using Performance Measures Sensibly' is referenced in: