Drawing on the emerging principles of Agricultural Innovation Systems (AIS) analysis and action, this sourcebook was developed by the World Bank to strengthen innovation systems and promote agricultural innovation and equitable growth.
The sourcebook seeks to help identify, design, and implement the investments, approaches, and complementary interventions viewed as most likely to support these aims.
"The sourcebook is targeted to the key operational staff in international and regional development agencies and national governments who design and implement lending projects and to the practitioners who design thematic programs and technical assistance packages. The sourcebook is also an important resource for the research community and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and may be a useful reference for the private sector, farmer organizations, and individuals with an interest in agricultural innovation. " (World Bank, 2012)
- Module 1: Coordination and Collective Action for Agricultural Innovation
- Module 2: Agricultural Education and Training to Support Agricultural Innovation Systems
- Module 3: Investment in Extension and Advisory Services as Part of Agricultural Innovation System
- Module 4: Agricultural Research within an Agricultural Innovation Systems
- Module 5: Incentives and Resources for Innovation Partnerships and Business Development
- Module 6: Creating an Enabling Environment for Agricultural Innovation
- Module 7: Assessing, Prioritizing, Monitoring and Evaluating Agricultural Innovation Systems
World Bank. (2012). Agricultural Innovation Systems: An Investment Sourcebook. International Bank for Reconstruction and Development / International Development Association or The World Bank. Retrieved from https://elibrary.worldbank.org/doi/abs/10.1596/978-0-8213-8684-2