This web-based toolkit has been developed to help program managers in New South Wales (Australia) government agencies manage evaluations (including those undertaken by internal or external evaluators, or by a combination of both).
The toolkit has been developed by the BetterEvaluation team (working in conjunction with ARTD Consultants, Sydney) to provide a simple front-end for program managers that links to the wider range of resources on the BetterEvaluation site.
It provides seven colour coded key steps and subsequent sub-steps for planning and implementing a program evaluation project.
The Seven Steps of an Evaluation Project
- Develop program logic and review needs
- Develop the evaluation brief
- Commission the evaluation project
- Manage the development of the evaluation design
- Manage the development of the evaluation work plan
- Manage the implementation of the work plan, including the production of the report(s)
- Disseminate report and support use of the evaluation
NSW Government, 2013, Evaluation Toolkit, Office of Premier and Cabinet. Retrieved from https://www.nsw.gov.au/departments-and-agencies/premiers-department/evaluation-toolkit
'NSW Government evaluation toolkit' is referenced in:
- Rainbow Framework :