Theory of change Online (TOCO) is web-based software (no download required) that you can use to design, edit and store your theory of change.
You can use the software to learn the concepts of theory of change and capture your outcomes, indicators, rationales and assumptions in an interactive graphical environment.
Price: Subscription-based. See website for details.
From the website:
- Unlike Visio and many other flow chart programs, TOCO is explicitly designed for theory of change and therefore allows you to develop not only the outcome pathway but use the rationales, indicators, and interventions features interactively to strengthen and corroborate the evolving logic of the pathway.
- TOCO is not just a drawing program but a database that stores information on all the components of a ToC.
- Everything in one place: With TOCO no need to purchase and learn cumbersome drawing programs.
- Provide users with a database in which to store the detailed information involved in creating a good theory, such as narratives, outcome definitions, indicators, interventions, etc., and portray the relational nature of all the elements of their work (e.g. if one outcome changes, or circumstances change, what else changes?)
- Easy collaboration: TOCO for Teams provides users with the ability to invite partners and stakeholders to log on, open up a particular theory, and make comments.
- Cost-effective M&E tool for consultants and organizations.
'TOCO' is referenced in: